Welcome

Come in, it's lovely to see you. Pull up a cushion and stay as long as you like.

Saturday 12 July 2014

Garden Wars Alert

A very lovely traditionally middle class couple who I am friends with were incensed recently when their equally middle class neighbours put up a fence that they say encroached on their land and blocked the sun from their much loved and very well manicured lawn and plants.

Garden wars alert!

Now I do sympathise and agreed that some dialogue needed to take place, but try as best as I can to keep out of other peoples disagreements. I had a feeling this would spiral though, knowing how strongly they followed the maxim 'An Englishwoman's home is her castle' (Did I mention they were strong feminists as well?).

It all came to a head though and I was forced to intervene when I called round earlier and found them all outside, shouting and screaming at each other, almost foaming at the mouths. They had, as they say, 'lost it', and I felt they were going to come to blows so I had to tell them all to just stop and calm down.

For goodness sake I said, is it worth it over a simple fence? Honestly, it was bordering on wisteria!


Thank you



2 comments:

  1. Now it's time to play them off each other. Like Clint Eastwood in 'A Fistful of Dollars'.
    "The Rojos over there, the Baxters over there. Crazy bellringer was right. There's money to be made in a town like this..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had a similar argument with my neighbour over a hedge. The compromise being my half is now eight to ten inches shorter than his and it's been that way for the last seven years. We get along fine now, but it was touch and go for a while.

    ReplyDelete